Monday, November 12, 2012

How do you gift wrap a lap dance?

Last weekend we celebrated my Dad's 75th birthday. It was a lovely day, filled with lots of family, friends, good food and presents. I gave him a a gift card to his favorite butcher shop. He was disappointed.  It's not that he didn't appreciate it, and won't be thrilled when he picks things out with it, it's just that a couple of years ago, I gave him THE BEST GIFT EVER, and since then, nothing has lived up to it. To be honest, it wasn't even the gift, and I doubt either of us could remember what the actual gift turned out to be that year. It was the story of my trying to by him a gift that he loved so much.  Let me back up a bit.

Dad is a practical sort of guy,  doesn't like gadgets or anything, he hunts and fishes, but has everything he could ever need (with the possible exception of a daughter who would willingly join him in these endeavors). One thing that he does enjoy is to going out to eat. There is a supper club that I knew he liked, right on the highway I would be driving on, so I decided to stop and pick him up a gift certificate.

I pulled into the parking lot, mid afternoon, and immediately noticed that they had done quite a bit or remodeling since I had been there about a year and a half earlier. Unfortunately there wasn't anyone around, but I got out and tried the door anyway. Crap. Not open.

As I was walking back to my truck another car pulled up and out stepped one of the largest men I have ever seen.  He asked if there was something that he could help me with, and I told him that I was hoping to buy a gift certificate for my Dad's birthday, explaining that he really enjoyed coming here. The man gave me a very strange look and said he was quite sorry, but they didn't have gift certificates, and did I realize that new owners had taken over?

Obviously I hadn't but said, I really liked the remodeling they had done, and asked if they still had the great chicken. I thought the man was going to choke to death he had such a coughing fit! Finally he gasped out that they started serving a different kind of breasts and thighs. How weird I thought as I got back into my truck to leave.

As I was pulling out of their drive, onto the highway, I happened to notice the new sign to go along with the recent remodeling.  "Chubby's North Gentlemen's Club." Yes, I tried to by my Dad a gift certificate to the new strip club!

No comments:

Post a Comment